Personal Introduction

Welcome! My name is John Roselle, SJ, and I took lifelong ("perpetual") vows of poverty, chastity, and obedience as a Jesuit on August 13th, 2011 after a two-year novitiate. I am now a Jesuit Scholastic for the Wisconsin Province of the Society of Jesus. I will study philosophy and theology for the next three years at Loyola University in Chicago. At the same time, I will do part-time ministry in some capacity with the poor. After that, I will likely teach for three years before finishing three more years of theology. Then, God willing, I will be ordained a Roman Catholic Jesuit priest! It's a long road, but a blessed, fun, and enriching one. This blog exists as a resource for friends, family, and others who are interested in my progress through the Jesuit process of formation. Every day is its own adventure, and I am happy to have you along with me to share in this. This blog contains my own personal thoughts and should not be taken to speak for the entire Society of Jesus. Feel free to contact me. God bless you!















Saturday, July 9, 2011

RSVP for vows

This is an email I recently sent to those who had received invites. I still have some more, and would be glad to send you one if you send me your address!

Dear Friends,

Peace of Christ! I hope you are well. I am in Denver studying Jesuit history with all the novices in the US and Canada (about 60-70 of us). If you are receiving this email, you should have received an invitation to vows by now. If you have not gotten an invite and you gave me your address, please let me know. If you have not given me your address, feel free to do so, and I can send you one.

I am writing because in one week I will be on an 8 day silent retreat and then on vacation. I am trying to assemble a realistic list of who likely will be there. No worries if you can't make it, but it would be great to have you if you can. Some of you have already told me that you will or will not be there. If you're still up in the air, that's fine. If you have a clearer idea of yes or no, just let me know, please. Below is a proposed schedule if you want to make it for all of the events. If you can only make it for some, the main thing would be the vow ceremony at 9am on August 13th. Lastly, there are links to two recommended hotels. If there is anything I can do to make your visit more feasible, such as arranging airport pickup rides, etc., please let me know. God bless!

Proposed schedule:

* arrive sometime in the morning or afternoon of August 12th in St. Paul
* enjoy the barbecue at the novitiate and vow vigil ceremony on the evening of the 12th
* attend the vow Mass and reception in the morning of August 13th
* celebrate with a simple Italian dinner hosted by the Roselles on the evening of August 13th
* leave St. Paul in the morning or afternoon of the 14th


Best Western ($89 group rate (just say you're with the Jesuit block))
http://www.bestwesternstpaul.com/

Holiday Inn Express
http://www.holidayinn.com/hotels/us/en/st.-paul/mspal/hoteldetail

No comments:

Post a Comment