Personal Introduction

Welcome! My name is John Roselle, SJ, and I took lifelong ("perpetual") vows of poverty, chastity, and obedience as a Jesuit on August 13th, 2011 after a two-year novitiate. I am now a Jesuit Scholastic for the Wisconsin Province of the Society of Jesus. I will study philosophy and theology for the next three years at Loyola University in Chicago. At the same time, I will do part-time ministry in some capacity with the poor. After that, I will likely teach for three years before finishing three more years of theology. Then, God willing, I will be ordained a Roman Catholic Jesuit priest! It's a long road, but a blessed, fun, and enriching one. This blog exists as a resource for friends, family, and others who are interested in my progress through the Jesuit process of formation. Every day is its own adventure, and I am happy to have you along with me to share in this. This blog contains my own personal thoughts and should not be taken to speak for the entire Society of Jesus. Feel free to contact me. God bless you!















Friday, January 28, 2011

Jesuit Pro-Life Homily

The word "passion" comes from the Latin meaning "to suffer."  To have a passion is to suffer for the good of something.  Among my many passions, perhaps the strongest is the cause of the unborn, who are killed at alarming rates of over 3,500 each day in America.  I just read that 90% of children diagnosed in the womb with down syndrome (sometimes erroneously) are aborted.  I am proud to be in the the Society of Jesus with pro-life Jesuit medical doctors, such as my dear novice brother, Dr. Kevin Embach who is teaching at Loyola Medical School this semester.  One of my hopes for my life in the Jesuits is to be able to support mothers and fathers to choose life for their children.  This is a homily that was preached for students of Jesuit high schools and universities that came to the March for Life this past weekend. 

http://whosoeverdesires.wordpress.com/2011/01/25/homily-at-jesuit-mass-for-life-on-jan-24-2011/#comment-3760

No comments:

Post a Comment