Personal Introduction

Welcome! My name is John Roselle, SJ, and I took lifelong ("perpetual") vows of poverty, chastity, and obedience as a Jesuit on August 13th, 2011 after a two-year novitiate. I am now a Jesuit Scholastic for the Wisconsin Province of the Society of Jesus. I will study philosophy and theology for the next three years at Loyola University in Chicago. At the same time, I will do part-time ministry in some capacity with the poor. After that, I will likely teach for three years before finishing three more years of theology. Then, God willing, I will be ordained a Roman Catholic Jesuit priest! It's a long road, but a blessed, fun, and enriching one. This blog exists as a resource for friends, family, and others who are interested in my progress through the Jesuit process of formation. Every day is its own adventure, and I am happy to have you along with me to share in this. This blog contains my own personal thoughts and should not be taken to speak for the entire Society of Jesus. Feel free to contact me. God bless you!















Saturday, September 3, 2011

17 New Dominican Sisters


About one week ago, 17 young women entered the Dominican Sisters of Mary Mother of the Eucharist in Ann Arbor, Michigan.  It was a day of great jubilation.  In just 14 years, this religious order has grown from 4 to over 120 sisters.  The average age of all of the sisters is 28.  These sisters are some of the most joyful people on Earth, and I have had the pleasure of getting to know them.  What an inspiration their vocation is.  It is so deeply needed in the Church.  

They also love the Jesuits!  They passionately pray for and encourage Jesuit vocations.  Fr. Tomasek, SJ, the late Jesuit mentioned below, was one of their greatest supporters.  

For my vows, they sent me a card with countless messages from the sisters.  If you would like to learn more or to donate to their wonderful order, visit: http://sistersofmary.org

The Young Sisters-to-Be with their Vocation Director, Sr. Joseph Andrew, OP

The Sisters in their Chapel

17 New Sisters!

Being Embraced (literally) by the Community

New Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment