Personal Introduction

Welcome! My name is John Roselle, SJ, and I took lifelong ("perpetual") vows of poverty, chastity, and obedience as a Jesuit on August 13th, 2011 after a two-year novitiate. I am now a Jesuit Scholastic for the Wisconsin Province of the Society of Jesus. I will study philosophy and theology for the next three years at Loyola University in Chicago. At the same time, I will do part-time ministry in some capacity with the poor. After that, I will likely teach for three years before finishing three more years of theology. Then, God willing, I will be ordained a Roman Catholic Jesuit priest! It's a long road, but a blessed, fun, and enriching one. This blog exists as a resource for friends, family, and others who are interested in my progress through the Jesuit process of formation. Every day is its own adventure, and I am happy to have you along with me to share in this. This blog contains my own personal thoughts and should not be taken to speak for the entire Society of Jesus. Feel free to contact me. God bless you!















Friday, September 23, 2011

New Project

This is a project that I am collaborating on at Loyola.  Please pray for its success!  

Women's Religious Life Discernment Group

Did you know that MANY young, smart, empowered women are joining religious orders across the nation?  Just ask Oprah who has featured such sisters on two episodes.  One convent alone has seen over 100 sisters enter in 14 years.  The average age of all the sisters?  28!!!  Young sisters are extremely joyful, as they live their lives of faith, community, and service.   Would you be interested in learning more about this fascinating, inspiring way of life?  Well, Loyola's very own Sr. Jean and new Jesuit John Roselle are beginning a monthly group to do just that through Evoke, in order to give female Loyola students further information about religious life, chances to share what's on their heart, and to support one another in discovering whatever God's calling may be for them.  Snacks and good fun will be provided.  Our first meeting is October 3rd at 9pm.  If you are interested in checking it out, contact John Roselle, SJ at johnroselle@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment